Administrative cost optimization
Optum administrative cost optimization services help health plans:
- Enhance consumer experience
- Improve health outcomes
- Reduce medical and administrative costs
Optum has identified nine activities for major technology change success — download the white paper now to learn more.
Adapt, evolve and thrive in a regulated post-reform era
Today's health plans face increased regulations, consumer-centric models, new technologies and aging, more chronic populations that have led to uncompromising pressures:
- Increasing medical and operational costs
- Declining government reimbursement
- Higher membership churn
- Growing employer movement from fully insured to administrative services only (ASO) models
- Outdated and inflexible technology
A one-size-fits-all approach to health care doesn’t work in today’s changing health care landscape. Optum can help your organization adapt, evolve and thrive as a modern health plan with a focus on automation, optimization and innovation.
We are a trusted partner for health plan modernization with the determination and ability to implement the changes that accomplish these goals and then operationalize them. Focused on deploying and executing rapid response initiatives while delivering custom roadmaps that define longer term strategies to drive your organization forward, our consultants have in-depth, hands-on experience. Let our experts help your organization with:
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Expert strategies
- Innovative product design
- Implementation expertise
- Flawless execution
- Operational performance assessment and rapid response - We identify high-impact areas for improvement opportunities with corresponding identification of “next best actions” for rapid intervention.
- Operational analytics and benchmarks - We provide health plans insight into how current performance compares to industry benchmarks so they can focus valuable resources on the most impactful cost, quality and performance initiatives.
- Financial impact analysis - We help health plans understand and quantify risk exposures, define key performance indicators (KPIs), establish baselines, investigate significant deviations and implement plans for performance and financial improvement.
- Operational redesign - We design or redesign business processes, workflows, organization structures, key performance metrics and supporting technologies.